Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Plants!

I'm just a little behind on blogging...we studied plants a couple of weeks ago and I have been meaning to get these photos on here for, well, 2 weeks now.  Plants is one of my favorite units to teach...look at all the fun things we did!  If you're interested in my math and literacy centers for plants go HERE.   If you're interested in my Tops and Bottoms Ideas go HERE.

When I saw  Cara's little anchor chart I just had to make mine like hers...well, almost...mine isn't near as cute as hers, but it worked!  
 We label the parts of a flower every year and I always love the way these look hanging up!  
 See the confetti in the middle?  I found this at Wal-Mart a few years ago in the Easter section and I'm almost out!  I use it all the time!
Can't find it this time... :(  Anybody seen any?
 Look at these little Flower Friends!  I love the way these turned out too!  This came from Cara at The First Grade Parade as well.
You can find it HERE.

 I think I say this every year, but if you haven't read Tops and Bottoms by Janet Stevens you must.  
It is one of the cutest, best little books ever!  I love it so much that I have a packet with these ideas in it.  You can find it HERE.  
Here is Lazy Bear and Hard-working Hare.  How cute is that?  Bear's eyelids even flap!
We wrote about what makes us feel lazy and what we want to work hard at.
 We made fruit and veggie people after learning how plants are grown and why they are important.
 Um, how adorable...my kiddos went cuckoo over these little friends.
They loved the little parts like the hats, ties, and bows!  I loved the writing piece.  


Below are snapshots of each center and all of these can be found HERE in my Plants math and literacy centers packet.












 To "pluck the petal" students folded back the petals on the flower.  They love these "foldy" subtraction centers so much that I think I now have 4 sets.  :)

If you made it all the way to the bottom you are one faithful reader!
Thank YOU!
I hope you found something useful and fun in this post!

5 comments:

  1. I wish I taught Kinder just so I could use your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I could snag you a Kinder job at BSLK if you wanna move your sweet family to Albertville!! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your ideas and have been following your blog for several years now. However, I am curious about how you have time to fit all of these cute crafts into your day. I teach kindergarten at a private school in North AL and it is very difficult to have time to fit a lot of crafts or center activities into my day. I will be starting my fifth year in kindergarten in August and each year I am looking for ideas on ways I can make my classroom routines, etc better.I have also gone to the conference at your school for the past three summers and enjoy looking in all of the classrooms. Also, me and a friend of mine would LOVE to move into the public school system and teach kindergarten. If you have any pointers or suggestions on how to get a possible interview in your school system please let me know.Icurrently live about 40 mins from there. Thanks so much! Jloring4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and all of your wonderful idea! We do our farm unit in the fall. Kaylen kaylenorr@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover