Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Monday, September 16, 2013

Cats, Buttons, & Colors

Last week we finished up our Cats, Buttons, & Colors Unit.  I have to say, it went so well!  They loved it.  Of course, we read Pete the Cat to go along with the cat theme, and oh my goodness!  The kids are dying over Pete.  They love him and all they want to read are his books and sing his songs.  I don't blame them!  :)  

I must say my newbies are really getting the hang of learning their way around our center chart and learning how to "do" centers.  Check out some of what we did below.  You can find all of the activities below HERE.


As you can tell from the pictures below, I always try to have a variety of things the children are working on.  I like to have them as engaged as possible with manipulatives, games, spinners, cubes, etc.  And, I also like to have at least 1 center where they are "on the move".









Just had to post this...I think my favorite spot in the classroom and some of my most favorite times in the classroom are spent at the rug.  I LOVE doing whole group activities here and whole group games. I just feel connected and like they are getting the most from me.




*Comments make the blogging world go 'round*  ;)

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having so much fun in kindergarten! Never thought of doing a whole class activity on the rug like that! Smart idea!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kinders love Pete too! He's the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it...Julie Lee...now I have to go and buy another unit from you to use with my precious kiddos because I cannot help myself. I am never going to afford to my plane ticket to Vegas. HE HE HE Are you going to the I Teach K conference next summer? Amber ~ Kindergarten Rocks Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE doing whole group activities here and whole group games.
    Online Educational Community

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun week! My kindies love Pete, too! I love to see them "rereading" the books and just rockin' the song part!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover