Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Friday, March 1, 2013

Silly Centers & Reading Conga Line

Busy, busy week for us!!  You?  
First, let me share with you my baby girl reading to my class!  Ah!  My kids loved the fact that our guest reader was the same age as they are!  She did so good...one proud mommy!



Okay, so our reading coach is so great!  She has just opened a TPT store...you should definitely go follow her HERE because she'll be adding some great things...I just know it. 
We read her little book today and did the Reading Conga Line she suggests!  
Y'all, they LOVED it!  Begged to do it over and over!  


Last, here are a few of our Silly Centers from this week.  You can check them out for yourself HERE.










We are still practicing syllables.  I had questioned on my FB page about you guys teach this because it becomes so confusing for my kids once they are able to hear individual sounds in words.  But, my friend Rebecca Stone suggested having students put their hand under their chin and each time their chin drops they count the syllables.  Whoa...this helped so much so Thank You Rebecca for sharing!  

Finally, we've been reviewing number words 0-10 with my Search & Find Number Word pages.  



Yay for you if you read all the way to the bottom.  Hope your weekend is lovely.  Hope to have my Transportation Unit uploaded before Monday.  :)

7 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a fun week! We had a busy one as well. I was sad to see it end. Onto teaching about weather next week. Let's see if it I can make it as interesting as Read Across America Week. LOL!

    Happy Blogging!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are doing our Read Across America week this week as last week we had conferences and a day off. This one we have State basketball but hopefully it doesn't mess us up too much. I'm curious does your reading coach have a blog that I can follow too or just a TPT store? I am the Title Reading teacher in our building and I love to find new ideas to use with my kids.

    Thanks.
    Megan
    mhorman@north-cedar.k12.ia.us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stuff and can't wait to see what your transportation unit looks like.

    Brittany
    Lovely Literacy & More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is so precious. What a wonderful memory for both of you. :)

    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh Ms. Lee, I have been anxiously awaiting your transportation unit ever since this post!!! PLEASE, JUST TAKE MY MONEY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The administration has brought on Social Security to start running shortages, exactly when the "Boomer" populace started resigning, in light of the fact that they brought down the FICA assess that assets Social Security and Medicare, instead of lower wage impose or extend and build FICA charge on livelihoods above $110,000 every year that would make it a more attractive duty and acquire income. Check Cashing San-diego

    ReplyDelete
  7. Converse with a credit union. A couple credit unions have advance necessities which are less strict than those of banks. On the off chance that you have a record at a credit union, particularly on the off chance that you have a record through your work environment, you might have the capacity to organize to obtain an advance. www.usapaydayloanstore.com/chicago

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover