Jasper Roberts Consulting - Widget

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Meet the Teacher Party





is hosting a "Meet the Teacher" party and I'm joining in!
My name is Julie. I've been happily married for 7 years, but have been with my husband since 10th grade. I love saying I married my high school sweetheart! He has a teaching degree in p.e., but teaches special ed...working on his master's in this. We have two beautiful daughters. They are so much fun! I graduated from Jacksonville State University with a bachelor's degree in Elem. Ed, and I received my master's from the University of West Alabama last fall! Yay! This is my 6th year teaching K, and I absolutely LOVE it! Oh, and I have an identical twin sister...and one older brother! I have the BEST parents in the world and am so thankful they raised my in a Christian home. I am so very blessed!




 We love the beach so these are from this past summer...Destin of course.




 My beautiful girls!


My twin, Amy, and her family


Us at Christmas at my parent's house


My brother and his family


My wonderful mom and dad





Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?                                             
A:   I would own and run a children's boutique clothing store!
Q: What are your hobbies?                                                                                    
A:  Creating things for my classroom, playing with my kids, shopping with my sis and mom.                                                                
Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?                     
A:  a teacher...at the end of each school year I would get my teacher's old grade books, workbooks, and manuals and play school with them.  My parents even made us a room in the garage that my sis and I got to use as our classroom.  We wrote on the walls with chalk....it was sooooooo much FUN!
    
Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                                  
 A: anything sweet, and MT. DEW!
Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                                       
 A: not being here to raise my kids and watch them grow up...and losing my husband or a close family member.
Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?                                   
 A:  Destin, FL
                                                          
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?                                                  
A:  not really advice, but the best thing I've ever been TOLD, is about Jesus and his plan for my life..."Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.  Acts 16:31"


Q: What do you value most in others?                                                                   
A:  honesty
Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?                                                                                                        
A:
I'm very easy going and can get along with anybody!  I'm very positive and look for good in ALL!  I hope children get these qualities.
Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?                                                                                                               
A:  my grandparents that have passed away

Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
I peel off the top crust only when I eat a sandwich and my bed sheets have to be perfect before I will even think about getting in!
Oh, and my twin sis and I show up in the same thing to church all the time without ever speaking of it...and we know what each other is thinking...ALL the time!  So cool!

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome about you and your sis thinking and dressing the same. Love iT! And I lOVE to vacay to Destin too :) Your girls are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love reading all of your posts. Nice to meet you!!

    mrswilliamsonskinders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this! Thanks for posting!
    -Rachelle
    www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover